with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Sunday, February 07, 2016

A Winter Sunset




One of the winter sunsets near where I live appears in these pictures. Playing with the settings on my camera varies the amount of light that is visible in these shots. I think I prefer the darker shots to the lighter ones.

Years ago, one of my students when introducing herself to the class on that first day of the semester said that she took pictures of the sunset on a regular basis.

My ideal house would have an unobstructed view of the western sky so that I could simply step outside to get pictures of the sunset on a regular basis.

As a colorblind person, I still appreciate the red, pinks, purples, yellows, and oranges of a sunset.

Because one goal in life is to appreciate each day, it makes sense to enjoy what each sunset offers.