with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pumpkins at Red Barn Farm

I have added my favorite pictures from a late Saturday afternoon outing to Red Barn Farm in Missouri when I should have been inside grading essays. For those of you who may access this blog from other countries, pumpkins are a traditional sign of autumn and harvest in America and something for which we have to thank the indigenous people of this country.

The first picture seemingly comes with a face already carved into one of the pumpkins. The horse of corn stalks is reminiscent of a sculpture of chrome bumpers named Grandfather Horse on display at Wichita State University.

Clicking on any one picture will increase its size. If you should decide to use one or more of these pictures for your wallpaper, please let me know.

I'm currently using the last one of these pictures as the wallpaper on my computer. The four rows of pumpkins provide a strong sense of contrast to the white house and the cloudy sky. My eye sees the pumpkins first before it is drawn up to the tree and the sky.











No comments:

Post a Comment