with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Reading in 2022

I added twenty-two books to my LibraryThing account in 2022, eight of which are ones published by Choeofpleirn Press, the press that my wife and I run. Until I got the six books that my wife and son gave me for Christmas (five collections of poetry and one anthology of poetry), I had only purchased eight books during the year—Mood Swings, a collection of stories about jazz by Bill Moody, and books of poetry by Elizabeth Tibbets (Say What You Can), Ada Limon (The Hurting Kind, The Carrying, & Bright Dead Things), Maggie Smith (Good Bones), Tony Hoagland (Turn Up the Ocean), and Joseph Millar (Dark Harvest).

During the year, I also finally renewed my library card and checked out Ada Limon’s Sharks in the Rivers and Melissa Fite Johnson’s While the Kettle’s On, along with a few other titles.

Writing poetry regularly, and reading poetry as an editor, has led to my emphasis on poetry in my own reading.

There are other books that I want to read, such as Adam Minter’s Secondhand: Travels in the New Global Garage Sale, and I plan to get to them at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment