with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Two Poems in New Note Poetry

Two of my poems have been published in the spring issue of New Note Poetry, a relatively new online journal. My poems appear on pages 72 and 73. Use the following link.

After I dropped out of college as a sophomore, I worked at two different hospitals before I decided to continue my education in poetry. These two poems address that experience. It was Daniel Halpern's American Poetry Anthology that convinced me to return to college. I wasn't going to succeed as a poet without an education, I decided.

Some poems of mine attempt to capture a moment. Other poems explore experiences and, sometimes, make sense of those experiences. These two poems deal with experiences of mine at these two hospitals.


No comments:

Post a Comment