with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Great Conjunction

On the evening of the winter solstice, my wife and I took our lawn chairs to a rural part of the county where we live. A few months prior, we had found a hill and an open field that offered a great view of the sunset. 

Initially, I got a few shots of the sunset before we discovered Saturn and Jupiter in the southwestern sky. At 250 mm, the telephoto lens for my camera is not very strong. Even so, I got a few shots of Jupiter's moons. You may need to enlarge the picture, using Ctrl and the plus key, for a closer look.

We left once it started to get cold. Several other families stopped their cars to get a look at the same location as we were packing everything into the car. 













No comments:

Post a Comment