with a menu of photography, books, jazz, poetry, and other items occasionally

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Pear Blossoms

I don't have any magnolia pictures to share this year. Last year, when I hired a tree trimmer to cut down an ash tree that was dying from an ash borer infestation, the tree trimmer had to cut back the magnolia to gain access to the ash tree. Several tree trimmers have told me that tree limbs need to grow upwards. The magnolia in the yard was shaped more like a willow with the branches nearly touching the ground. It was a great place to get pictures of the blossoms in the spring and to stay cool in the summer. This year, however, it was difficult to get any pictures because the branches are so high now.

In place of the magnolia blossoms, I am adding pictures of two pear trees that were in bloom last week. It was cloudy the first day; the sun appeared on the second day when I was taking pictures. We have since had a frost, and I haven't been back to see how the blossoms have fared. Another frost is expected next week.



















No comments:

Post a Comment